What is the 2021 RAM 1500 Weight?
Interested in the new RAM 1500 for sale at San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram? Some drivers will need to know the 2021 RAM 1500 weight range before they can take this powerful truck home to Lemon Grove. Without any cargo or passengers on board, the RAM 1500 curb weight ranges from 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds. The RAM 1500 Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) is between 6,010 pounds to 7,800 pounds. You can learn more about the difference between curb weight vs. GVWR, and see the RAM 1500 weight laid out by trim level, below.
Curb Weight vs. GVWR: What’s the Difference?
The 2021 RAM 1500 weight may be listed as 4,778 pounds to 6,396 pounds, but it’s important for El Cajon contractors to note that this range is the curb weight. That means it’s the weight of the RAM 1500 without any cargo or passengers loaded into it or towed behind it. If you want to know the RAM 1500 weight with all of these “extras” factored in, you’re actually looking for the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, or GVWR. The GVWR is the safest maximum weight the RAM 1500 can handle, including passengers, cargo, curb weight, and tongue weight when towing.
Note: Despite common misconceptions, the tongue weight does not equal the towing capacity of the RAM 1500. Rather, it’s the amount of trailer weight placed on the actual hitch.
How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh at Each Trim Level?
The 2021 RAM 1500 is an incredibly versatile truck, offering numerous trim levels for La Jolla drivers to consider. The curb weight for each trim will vary:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman:4,778 pounds – 5,106 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE:4,768 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn:4,792 pounds – 5,137 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: 4,899 pounds – 5,248 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: 5,096 pounds – 5,314 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: 5,192 pounds – 5,387 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: 5,345 pounds – 5,568 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 6,396 pounds
RAM 1500 GVWR by Trim Level
Like the curb weight, the 2021 RAM 1500 GVWR also varies by trim level:
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman: 6,800 pounds – 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Tradesman HFE: 6,010 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn: 6,800 pounds – 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie: 6,800 pounds – 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel: 6,800 pounds – 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds – 7,100 pounds
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX: 7,800 pounds
A Quick Look at RAM 1500 Towing
Now you know how much weight the RAM 1500 can safely handle, but what about when it comes to towing? With a V8 engine upgrade, the 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds. Along with serious towing power, the RAM 1500 comes with several cutting-edge tech features that can help you tow safer and with greater confidence:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Drive Home in a RAM 1500 Today!
Have additional questions related to “How much does the RAM 1500 weigh?” Here at San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we have an entire team of RAM experts who can help! Reach out or stop by our dealership in San Diego for more CDJR information, and head home in the new vehicle that’s perfect for your lifestyle and budget.
Learn More at San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
How much can the Jeep Gladiator tow? When maxed out, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator towing capacity can reach an impressive 7,650 pounds, allowing you to haul whatever you need across the Lemon Grove roads with confidence. What else can the Jeep Gladiator do? Take a look at what you can expect from this midsize…
Lemon Grove drivers who do a lot of heavy-duty hauling and driving appreciate the power and durability of the RAM 1500. One thing many drivers have also come to appreciate about the RAM 1500 is the amount of trims from which they have to choose. Compare the different RAM 1500 trim levels with San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to see…
The Jeep Gladiator is an adventure-ready SUV known for its immense capabilities and striking design, and with so many options available, it’s easy to customize your Gladiator to suit your style. For 2021, Lemon Grove drivers can choose between ten different Jeep Gladiator color options in a wide range of hues. So, whether you’re leaning…